This is the podcast to help you learn and explore how you can start and improve your skills with online content creation.
My name is Joshua Rivers and will be your guide on this journey.
I started this podcast with the sentence, “I’m an imposter.”
Let me explain. This is a challenge set forth from a fellow podcaster, Cliff Ravenscraft. He is the host of many podcasts, including the Podcast Answer Man. He addresses and answers people’s questions about podcasting, and he addressed the issue of the “imposter syndrome” recently.
The “imposter syndrome” is basically the idea of someone pretending to be something that they are not. For example, I am not an absolute expert with online content creation, but I would be an imposter if I was pretending that I was.
Cliff’s challenge was to his listeners that were starting a new podcast to start with the phrase, “I’m an imposter.”
But, like I said, I’m not really an imposter. I’m not pretending to be an expert in the area of online content creation, which is the theme of this podcast and the associated website, CreativeStudio.Academy.
What does this mean for you?
It means that you don’t have to be an expert either. You can go out and share what you know with others that are coming behind you. Yes, you still need to learn more. But you also have a lot that you can share. Even if there are others out there sharing the same thing, no one else has your exact experience and personality. You bring something fresh to the table.
Who am I?
- Website consultant
- Guide at the Creative Studio Academy
What is the Creative Studio Academy?
- CSA is the ultimate place for those starting and growing with online content creation.
- The name:
- Creative – relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.
- Studio – a place where an artist, photographer, sculptor, etc., works.
- Academy – a place of study or training in a special field; a society or institution of distinguished scholars, artists, or scientists, that aims to promote and maintain standards in its particular field.
- This is a place where you learn and experiment with creating things, specifically content, in various forms.
What can you expect?
- First of all, CSA is an extension of my business, so there are going to be avenues of revenue
- Podcast sessions
- Expert guests
- Solo shows
- Expect to have sessions in semesters (seasons)
- Blog posts
- Membership site (possible) or closed Facebook group
- Individual (self-paced and one-on-one)
- E-mail newsletter
- Updates for new posts and sessions
- Special articles and interviews just for subscribers
- Discounts on products and services
This session is brought to you by Dev By JR.